Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 107

So today was pretty eventful, to put it mildly. I got up at around 7am to take Roxy outside and when i got to the bottom of the stairs, my left foot still on the last stair and my right foot on the ground floor, my right foot slid on the hardwood floor straight out while my left leg was trapped under my big ol' butt behind me. I was too tired for it to really hurt and landing on my butt never really hurts thanks to the extra padding i have there, lol, but what did hurt was the toe that my behind landed on. See, while my foot was facing behind me, my big toe decided it wanted to go forward and then i landed on it. I jumped up and thought, oh man that really hurt my toe, but i took Roxy out and then went and got back into bed. After a couple more hours of sleep, i woke up to my toe throbbing. I got out of bed and could not walk on it at all, it hurt way to bad to bend it. It was already starting to change color so i bandaged it up, what else can you really do?

We already had tickets to go to the pet expo today at the Orange County fairgrounds and i didn't want to miss it since i love going so much, so i took my grandmas wheelchair and had Chris push me around the expo. lol. This turned out to be awful. I should have just stayed home. It was hot and i never thought that sitting in a wheelchair would make my butt hurt as much as it did. I had to get out of the chair ever 15 min or so because i couldn't stand it. Going into the different pavilions was horrible as well. It was so crowded that the wheelchair was super hard to maneuver and it was even worse trying to prevent people from hitting my poor toe!!

So after that exhausting outing, we came home, got some El Pollo Loco for dinner and relaxed the rest of the night. Here is a picture of my toe after we got home from the pet expo, before i re-wrapped it:


Tanya

2 comments:

  1. Hope your toe heals fast! Cute toenail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The designs are cute ~ but ouch!!! I hope it doesn't turn out to be broken in the cast-needing way!

    ReplyDelete